Job Title: Board Certified Music Therapist
Hours: Full Time
Facility: The Harrison Center for Music Therapy, LLC
City/State: Houston, Texas
HCMT is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and passionate board certified music therapist to join our team. HCMT’s mission is to provide quality music therapy services, educate the community about the benefits of music therapy and be a resource for families and organizations in our community. We are primarily a clinic based company and serve all ages and abilities. HCMT encourages continuing education and provides assistance for these benefits. For more information about who we are please visit www.harrisoncentermt.com
Job responsibilities for the above position include but aren’t limited to:
* Maintain a client caseload at the discretion of the Director.
* Maintain consistent attendance and promptness at all sessions, appointments and meetings.
* Maintain accurate and timely documentation including assessments, session notes and progress reports.
* The ability to interact or communicate on multiple levels including with clients of all ages, families, colleagues and management.
* Participate in community education regarding music therapy, its benefits and HCMT services.
* Contribute to the growth of HCMT and collaboratively incorporate best practices
* Self starter, works independently and also as a team
* Maintain professional clinical competency by attending or participating in continuing education opportunities
Qualifications and Skills: MT-BC requirement; Bachelor’s degree in music therapy or music therapy equivalency required. Experience in brain injury, stroke rehab, early childhood, children and adolescents with mental illness and developmental disabilities preferred. NMT certification preferred or within 2 years of employment. Have the ability to accurating use email, calendar, proficiency with microsoft office, intrapersonal skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, reliability and own transportation, valid DL and proof of vehicle insurance
Start Date: January 2015