Year in Review
HCMT’s goal in 2017 was to continue to be a game changer for music therapy treatment in our community and a leader in healthcare in our nation. As the year comes to an end we have some profound results:
- The 19th US Surgeon General, Dr. Vivek Murthy, Director of National Institutes for Health, Francis Collins and four-time Grammy Award Winner, Renee Fleming announced their collaboration with efforts of furthering the funding and research of music and neuroscience. This focus is on continuing to justify the need for music therapy as a standard treatment modality in healthcare.
- Music Therapy was featured during the National Memorial Day Concert showing its benefits as a treatment modality in rehabilitation when working with veterans after injury.
- Musician, Ben Folds, continues to show support and advocate for music therapy.
- HCMT treated 120 clients.
- HCMT created and strengthened 4 partnerships.
- HCMT participated in continuing education in 2 big ways.
- HCMT educated the community with 10 presentations.
- HCMT participated in 26 webinars and trainings.
- HCMT developed 3 new systems for our families and therapists to streamline treatment.
- HCMT participated in advocacy for music therapy recognition reaching 181 Texas legislators.
- HCMT provided community outreach and donations for general funding and Hurricane Harvey Relief in 33 ways.
- HCMT provided 1 new funding source for families.
- HCMT collaborated with more than 35 team meetings and gatherings.
- HCMT provided healthcare for the first time for all employees.
- HCMT began our first of many music therapy research projects.
- HCMT helped to fund $43,525 in scholarships for those otherwise unable to receive music therapy treatment.
We would love for you to come along and share this journey with us as we continue to advocate, educate, treat, develop, foster, give and validate that music therapy is a vitally beneficial part of a person’s success in treatment for all ages, diagnoses and needs!